Topic Research: Vietnamese Origin Love Stories

(Picture of heart created from pages of a book: Wikimedia Commons)

After thinking for a long time on how to connect my Vietnamese stories like my other ideas, I kind of got it! I somehow found love stories that all have to do with the origin of something. Now, unless I can come up with another way to connect these stories, the plan is to create a story with a girl who keeps being reborn into lives with bad relationships, moving through the development of society. I will use the Vietnamese origin stories as inspiration.

The first episode will be, of course, creating the Milky Way. This girl will come into life for the first time. I will try to change the daughter of the King of Heaven to a regular girl. Using this story will create the background for the storybook, beginning with the creation of the universe.

Next, the girl will lead the female part in the creation of the Vietnamese people. Again, at the end. the girl will split up in the end, taking her 50 eggs up to the mountains after her husband leaves her.

In the last story I have so far, she will be the girl who the two gods will fighting for, creating the monsoon season in Vietnam. Even though in this story, the girl ends up with one of the gods, I want to try to break them up to continue the storybook. This poor girl might face a couple of more lives before she finds someone to live happily ever after with.

I got the idea of the girl having multiple lives from Buddhism. Buddhists believe in karma and reincarnation. Also, the traditional beliefs of Vietnamese culture also influenced my decision. My parents always joked around that the reason they became husband and wife was because they had owed each other in the past life. They tell me how every couple or relationship has been destined due to experiences or interactions in previous lives.

Comments

Popular Posts