Favorite Places: Moab, Estes Park, and OKC


I am so excited to write about my favorite places! Throughout my life, I have travelled all over the United States with my family on road trips. I have not really enjoyed them until recently as we made a trip to my first national park, and I fell in love! This trip was my senior trip back when I graduated high school in 2017. My family stayed in Estes Park and went to the Rocky Mountains National Park every morning in Colorado to experience the breathtaking views.

Isn't nature just so beautiful?

(Bighorn sheep rams sitting in the Rocky Mountains: National Park Service)

This actually led to my next trip the following year after my brother graduated from high school. Yes, we are only one year apart. 

Moab is a very hot place, only about 105 degrees when we visited. Thank goodness for AC! We made our first hike in the middle of the day up to this picture-worthy arch. My family are terrible planners; it was only about half way up when we realized we only had about half a bottle of water left. After some dreadful feelings and my 65-year-old dad encouraging me on, we made it to the top. It was the most exhilarating thing I have ever done. 
The feelings of accomplishment make this place one for the books. Can't wait to go back and do more hikes! 


(Delicate Arch in Moab, Utah: photo taken in August 2017 by Anhthu Trinh) 

The last place is a special one. One that is close to my heart. As I was growing up, everyone wanted to get away from this place. This place was what I called home. All my firsts were here from riding a bike to driving a car. Oklahoma City might be a small town compared to the big cities, but it will always be the place where I enjoy the most. 

Here is a photo of what home looks like for me. Beautiful. 

(Downtown OKC at night: Wikimedia Commons)


Comments

  1. This looks FANTASTIC, Anhthu! The Moab picture you took is picture-postcard perfect. Wow! Maybe you will create a Flickr album of your own to share that with the world. So, thank you for doing such a super job with this: it is the first Favorite Places post of the semester, which is really nice for the students who will be coming up later; they'll get a good boost of inspiration from seeing your post: Favorite Places posts. Have fun as you keep on working ahead! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts