Becoming Technology Savvy

Blogger seems like an easy platform to use so far, but I am interested to see how WordPress works also. Some of the other blogs use it, and it looks very nice! I am excited to learn how to make a website, while exploring all the different options. I am glad we are using our skills towards technology we can use in our everyday lives.

I hope to get better at making infographics, and hopefully throughout the semester, you will see my progress. Also, I recently got into making movies using iMovie, so I will be looking out for ways to incorporate this skill into the class. This class will bring back my skills of making graphics from back in the day, meaning high school. I made all kinds of graphics in high school like for prom, senior banquet, all sorts of things. I am excited to get started again and improve my technological skills. 

My brother is a computer engineering major and seeing him start coding and stuff, I feel kind of left out on the computer skills area. This will be a nice way to brush up and learn a lot! 

Just wanted to say how thankful I am for the online tools for this class. I hate buying textbooks for classes because they're expensive and sometimes take FOREVER to come in. We are already paying for the class and its fees. Why should we pay more for all the supplies? 

(Picture of a girl blogging: Max Pixel)

Comments

  1. I totally agree with you about online materials, Anhthu! I feel really lucky to be teaching classes where the subject matter is OLD, ha ha. So using free public domain books that are older (usually published before 1924) is a great option. Have you see the Freebookapalooza yet? It is our class online library: over 1000 free books! My goal this year is to double the number of books there to 2019 in honor of the year 2019. And another of my goals is to do a better job of promoting all those great reading resources so that people might want to do some extra credit reading too. It's one of my personal mottos: the more you read, the more you learn. I'm going to feature free books and free audiobooks in the announcements every day this semester. Yay for free books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts