Thoughts on the Class Assignments

Personally, as you guys have probably implied from my previous posts, I am so excited for this class! I love the creativity and freedom this class gives. Of course, I am most intrigued by all the readings from around the world. Growing up, I love reading the myths and stories from either my dad or Greek mythology. These stories shape the culture and history in a very unique fashion. For example, Vietnam has a story for why there are dry and monsoon seasons. It's actually a very cute story about a pretty princess and two gods fighting over her. More on that later. 

This class is very different from other classes because you get the one on one relationship between the instructor and student that sometimes, big lectures and online classes lack. Also, since we are reading each other's blogs and commenting, we get to know each other very well like in a traditional class, even better I would say. Sometimes in a class, we only talk to certain people and not others, this way we are forced to get to know everyone. 
(Graphic on Mindset and Mindfulness: Max Pixel)

Learning more on the growth mindset and HEART while doing some interactive activities seem fun. I have always been interested in the growth mindset idea and trying to apply it to my life. I am a Type A person sadly, and sometimes I stress myself out too much by trying to perfect everything. Also, I am mentoring an at-risk child through the Boren Mentoring Initiative by helping them realize their true potential. Reading more about this will inspire me with more ideas and ways to further help. 

Lastly, the freedom to pick and choose our assignments and to finish early is wonderful! Often, we face dreadful assignments that are so miserable to finish. With this class, as we are exposed to new stories and cultures, we can choose to tread deeper into them and maybe less into those not as interesting! 


Comments

  1. Wow, this is great: I had not heard about this mentoring program before, Anhthu! Wonderful! And I would be really glad if anything from this class will help you with that. One of the growth mindset extra challenges is about sharing growth mindset with someone, so you can maybe think of a good way to share those ideas with the student you are working with. I've bookmarked that Mentoring program webpage to share with the class too. Thank you for including that here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts