Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback In:
I love all the comments that I have been receiving. They have been very helpful in my growth as a writer as well as giving me support in my life. Comments that say "Good job!" helps me validate myself even though they don't give specific details on what I need to do to improve. I hope to see more comments that point out specifics in my writing.

Feedback out:
I think the quality of my comments have been well, but they can always get better! Using the WWW feedback strategies really helps me pinpoint certain parts of the story. As I am writing my own stories now, I see where I have problems with and use that knowledge to help others.

Blog Comments:
I have loved commenting on people's blogs. I feel I have gotten to know a lot of people, possibly even better than in a traditional class! I am glad that my introduction has allowed people to comment on my life and provided a space to chat!

Looking Forward:
I hope people will be honest and give me critical feedback as I will attempt to do that also! Also, I hope to have some time to respond back to people's comments.

(Perfectionism graphic: Celestine Chua)

I chose this graphic because perfectionism is an idea I struggle it with every day. I often think everything I write should be perfect and sometimes take feedback as failures. Sometimes, I might even dismiss feedback because it doesn't line up with my ideas when I should be coming at every comment with an open mind! This graphic really helps me try to overcome this perfectionist mindset and improve on how I react to feedback. 

Comments

Popular Posts